BETTY CROCKER Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 496g
- Makes 3 dozen - 2 inch cookies
- Homemade cookies in 20 minutes
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1-1/2
Prep Time: 7 Minutes. Bake Time: 10 Minutes.
You Will Need: 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, margarine or spread (If using spread, use one that has more than 65% vegetable oil.), softened (not melted); 1 egg. To soften butter directly from refrigerator, microwave unwrapped stick on High 10-15 seconds.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F (or 350 degrees F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Stir cookie mix, softened butter and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. (For 2 dozen larger cookies, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls.).
3. Bake as directed or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely; store in airtight container. Regular Cookie Size: Bake Time: 8-10 minutes shiny pan; 8-10 minutes dark or nonstick pan. Large Cookie Size: Bake Time: 9-11 minutes shiny pan; 10-12 minutes dark or nonstick pan. Allow cookie sheet to cool between batches. High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Stir 1 tbsp all-purpose flour into dry cookie mix.
Betty's Tips: To prepare with vegetable oil, make dough using 1/3 cup oil, 2 tablespoons water and 1 egg. Chocolate Chip Cookies with Nuts: Stir 1/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts into cookie dough.